While we’re on the subject of Dragonfly Dreams, here’s another recent card I made with this bundle. This was one of my entries for my Display Stamper application.
My card base is Bermuda Bay. The white piece is watercolor paper. I used my Aqua Painter to wet the whole piece of watercolor paper, then used the Aqua Painter and Bermuda Bay ink to create the watercolor wash background. I did this by dropping a few drops of ink onto a clear stamp block, then picking up the ink with my Aqua Painter. I washed some color onto the wet paper, then dropped several drops of ink onto the paper, smooshed it around some, and dried it with the Heat Tool.
After my paper was completely dry, I stamped the… what are they? Spots? Bee pollen? Water droplets? Whatevs, we’ll call it “texture”. I stamped the texture on the sides in Versamark ink, then embossed it with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
Before I added the dragonfly, I stamped a little more texture using one of the lacy stamps from the Delicate Details Sale-A-Bration stamp set. Have I mentioned how much I love this set? MUCH. I stamped it in Bermuda Bay but stamped off once on my Grid Paper before stamping on the watercolor paper.
I stamped the detailed dragonfly in Smoky Slate ink. The coloring on his wings is a separate stamp. I used the “Rock and Roll” technique to ink the stamp with Pool Party ink in the middle and Bermuda Bay around the edges. I stamped this right on top of the detailed dragonfly. I cut this out with the matching framelit.
I used a separate thinlit to cut the detailed wings out of Vellum Cardstock. I glued the Vellum to the dragonfly, straight down the center of the body. So only the body is glued down and the wings fly free.
I added the dragonfly to the card with glue (under the body) and Dimensionals (under the wings).
Finally, I wrapped the Copper Thread around the bottom of the watercolor panel a couple of times and tacked the ends down on the back with Tear & Tape. You can use whatever you like. I glued the watercolor panel to the card base with liquid glue.
The inside sentiment is from the Rose Wonder stamp set. It’s such a lovely sentiment for a sympathy card. I also stamped the same Delicate Details lace (stamped off once), to tie the front of the card and the inside together.