Good morning! Today we have a birthday challenge over at Stamp, Ink, Paper. We’d love for you to play along and enter the gallery, so head over to the blog and see the design team’s inspiration!
Tips for making this card:
- Cut a Whisper White Thick card base, 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″.
- Stamp the suckers in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and color in with various Blends markers. I won’t list the ones I used here, but they are linked to my store at the bottom of this post. TIP: Before you color in the lollipops, put a piece of grid paper behind the front of the card in case the ink bleeds.
- After all of the suckers are colored, cut out 1-1/2″ from the cardfront, 1-1/2″ from the bottom. Save the strip that you’re leaving out for another card.
- Cut a 4-1/4″ x 2″ piece of Vellum and put strips of Tear & Tape at the top and bottom edges of the Vellum. Attach the Vellum to the back of the top of the cardfront, then attach the bottom strip of the cardfront to the bottom edge of the Vellum.
- Stamp the dripping cake in Gorgeous Grape ink, color the cake part with Light Highland Heather Blends, then punch it out with the Cake Builder Punch. Also punch out a cake stand from Silver Foil paper. Cut a stitched oval out of Whisper White cardstock using the Stitched Shapes framelits, and stamp the candles in Memento Tuxedo Black. Color the candles with Dark Lovely Lipstick and the flames with Dark Pineapple Punch. Glue the cake on top of the candles and the cake stand on top of the cake. Glue the stitched oval onto a Gorgeous Grape scalloped oval cut using the Layering Ovals framelits. Glue the oval to the cardfront.
- Cut a 4-1/4″ x 2-7/16″ piece of Whisper White cardstock and glue it to the inside of the top of the cardfront (this is to cover the ink that bled through). Also cut a piece of 4-1/4″ x 1-1/2″ Whisper White cardstock and glue it to the inside of the bottom of the cardfront. Cut a second scalloped oval from Gorgeous Grape cardstock and glue it to the back of the inside of the cardfront directly behind the scalloped oval on the front.
- Stamp the sentiment on the vellum. I used the Tuxedo Black for this and then heat set it, but next time I would heat emboss the sentiment in either silver or black, or I’d heat emboss it in white on a small strip of black cardstock.
- Finish the card off with rhinestones. On the inside, add a 4″ x 5-1/4″ card liner (to even out the weight of the card) and stamp Happy Birthday in Gorgeous Grape.