Good morning! We have a fun Gingham, Stripes, or Plaid challenge at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week. We’d love to see you play along with the challenge!
I used stripes on my card. I’m limited on time today, so I’ll just give you a quick run-down:
- Poppy Parade card base, 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2
- Whisper White mat, 4″ x 5-1/4″, embossed with Tin Tile Dynamic embossing folder
- Striped paper is Needlepoint Nook designer series paper, cut with a Rectangle Stitched framelits die
- Sentiment is from Humming Along, cut with Needlepoint Elements die (the stitching), then punched with Pretty Label Punch
- Ribbon is a scrap of Poppy Parade 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon
- Embossed Vellum Technique: I inked up the flower stamp (from Humming Along) with Poppy Parade and Old Olive Stampin’ Write Markers, then stamped it on Vellum and dried it with a really hot heat tool (getting the heat tool really hot first lets you dry it for a short period of time so the Vellum doesn’t warp). I turned the Vellum over and colored in the flower and leaf area with the stylus end of the Take Your Pick Tool. Not too hard, or you’ll tear the Vellum. Coloring it in on the back of the Vellum makes it look like it’s colored in white. Important: Do this on a firm foam surface, like the Stampin’ Pierce Mat. I cut out the Vellum with a Stitched Rectangle, then glued it down to the card (not very well — I didn’t hide the glue well and should have used Glue Dots). Then I went over the flower outline again with the Poppy Parade marker and the leaf with the Old Olive marker to give them a bolder outline. I set that aside to dry so I wouldn’t smear the ink.
Everything I used on my card can be found in my online Stampin’ Up! store (see full supply list at the bottom of this post). Make sure to use the February Host Code (below) if your order is below $150, and I’ll send you extra goodies! If your order is over $150, don’t use the Host Code — make sure to claim your Stampin’ Rewards when you check out, and you’ll still get my free gift!
Register now for my March Online Class — Birthday Cheer! Click the graphic below for details and to register.
If your shopping list is long, the Starter Kit is a great option for you! Click the button below to join my team and take advantage of the demonstrator discount until at least the end of July. You can sign up just for the Starter Kit deal or the demonstrator discount or to build your own business — it’s your choice!