Welcome to the Ink & Inspiration Blog Hop! We are a small group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators around the world who love to share our creativity with others. You’re currently visiting Sarah Fleming in the USA. This month our theme is Gratitude, and I decided to use one of my favorite new bundles from the new Annual Catalog (coming soon!), Good Morning Magnolia.
- My card base (which you can’t see here) is Petal Pink, 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored at 5-1/2″.
- I stamped the large magnolia from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set (coming June 4th in the new Annual Catalog) on a 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. I used Light Balmy Blue, Light Petal Pink, Crumb Cake Combo, Old Olive Combo, and Daffodil Delight Combo Stampin’ Blends to color the flower. Then I got two big honking smudges on the cardstock and needed to hide them, because I couldn’t find my sand eraser.
- I placed the 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ piece of Balmy Blue cardstock under the Whisper White cardstock. I positioned the large magnolia die from the Magnolia Memory dies (also coming soon) on top of the flower, then carefully removed the piece of cardstock with the flower on it. I taped the die in place with washi tape, then ran the Balmy Blue cardstock and die through my die cutting machine. I popped the Balmy Blue cardstock up on top of the Whisper White cardstock with Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals, positioning the negative space from the die over the flower. If you make this card, make sure to put Dimensionals close to both the outside edges of the cardstock and the edges around the negative space, and don’t forget that little blue piece in the right center of the flower.
- I glued the Whisper White/Balmy Blue to the Petal Pink card base.
- I stamped “Thanks” from the Good Morning Magnolia stamp set onto a scrap of Whisper White, then cut it out with a die from the new Stitched Nested Label dies (coming soon!). I added this to the card with Dimensionals (double-stacking where the sentiment overlaps the negative space).
- I finished off the card with some Petal Pink Rhinestones and Basic Rhinestones.
- For the inside of the card, I stamped the inner sentiment in Balmy Blue on a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White, then stamped the decoration in Petal Pink.
Thanks for stopping by today! Make sure to hop all the way around the blog hop and see what the other talented designers have come up with! It’s a short hop this month, so you don’t need much time to get all the way through it.
Everything I used on my card can be found in my online Stampin’ Up! store (some items are not available until June 3rd, see list of available supplies at the bottom of this post). Make sure to use the April Host Code if your order is below $150, and I’ll send you extra goodies! If your order is over $150, don’t use the Host Code — make sure to claim your Stampin’ Rewards when you check out, and you’ll still get my free gift!
Register now for my latest Online Class — Piece of Cake! Click the graphic below for details and to register.
If your shopping list is long, the Starter Kit is a great option for you! Click the button below to join my team and take advantage of the demonstrator discount until at least the end of September. You can sign up just for the Starter Kit deal or the demonstrator discount or to build your own business — it’s your choice!