Good afternoon! I hope you’re having a great fall. IT’S COLD HERE, Y’ALL. I mean, high of 72 or something, which is cold enough for a Texan to wear long sleeves and do the whole basking pose (looking at the sky with my arms spread out and my eyes closed and the biggest ridiculous smile on my face) every time I walk outside. Of course, back to the 90s tomorrow, because Texas. But we’ve had a couple of temperature drops lately, so I have hope that I won’t be hot forever. Anyway, you’re probably here for the Third Thursdays Blog Hop. This month our theme is Halloween/Harvest. I decided to go Harvest for my project.
- My card base is Balmy Blue, 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- Card front layer is Whisper White regular, 4″ x 5-1/4″
- For the medium and small leaves, I wet a piece of watercolor paper, then dropped on Granny Apple Green, Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, and Crushed Curry inks using ink that I squeezed onto the inkpad lid. After the paper dried, I cut out the leaves with the Gathered Leaves dies.
- I stamped the large leaf from the Gather Together stamp set in Cherry Cobbler ink on the dried watercolor paper in a section where I would get multiple colors on one leaf, then I die cut the leaf with the matching die. I painted the entire leaf with the Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint (you can see this in the last photo below).
- For the pumpkins, I first stamped them in Soft Suede ink on a piece of scrap paper (stamping off), then stamped them on Whisper White cardstock. I colored them with Light Real Red and Dark and Light Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends, from bottom to top. I colored the stems with Light Granny Apple Green. I die cut them with the matching die.
- After cutting the pumpkins and leaves, I arranged them on the card. The leaves are all glued down with liquid glue, but I left the tips free and also curled them up a little with my fingers to give dimension. I added the pumpkins with Dimensionals.
- I stamped the sentiment in Soft Suede ink, then cut it out twice with one of the frames from the Ornate Frames Dies. I love these dies! There are so many great sentiment frames in this set. If you missed it in the Holiday Catalog, it’s actually in the Halloween section, as it comes in a bundle for 10% off with the Spooktacular Bash stamp set (or you can get just the dies — I will put both the dies and the bundle in my links section).
- Before I adhered the sentiment, I used an Aqua Painter to splatter Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint onto my card, leaves (I had painted the big leaf before attaching it), and pumpkins. Look at all that shimmer! HEART EYES EMOJI.
- I added the sentiment with Dimensionals.
- I colored Frosted & Clear Epoxy Droplets (I used the clear here), one each with Light Real Red, Light Pumpkin Pie, and Dark Pumpkin Pie Stampin’ Blends, then added them to the card to finish it off.
- Inside is a Whisper White card liner, 4″ x 5-1/4. I stamped the big leaves in Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Crushed Curry and the sentiment in Soft Suede.
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to check out all the blogs in our hop for lots more inspiration!
Third Thursdays Blog Roll
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to use the December Host Code if your order is below $150, and I’ll send you extra goodies! If your order is over $150, don’t use the Host Code — claim your Stampin’ Rewards when you check out, and you’ll still get my free gift! Also, all orders in December will receive my free project tutorial bundle (see sneak peeks below).
Register now for my latest Online Classes:
If your shopping list is long, the Starter Kit is a great option for you! Click the button below to join my team and take advantage of the demonstrator discount until at least the end of December. You can sign up just for the Starter Kit deal or the demonstrator discount or to build your own business — it’s your choice!