Good morning! I hope you’re doing well this week. I have a cough / laryngitis AGAIN, and it is beating me up. But we had our last day of homeschool co-op for the semester yesterday, and y’all, I have already had pecan pie this year, so I can’t complain TOO much. The big kids are starting martial arts this week, and the baby is starting some exercise classes next week, so I’m excited to see how all of that goes.
Our challenge at Stamp Ink Paper this week is the theme “Thankful,” which is appropriate considering that it is PIE season in America.
- Card base: Night of Navy, 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- Designer series paper (DSP): Come Sail Away, 2-1/4″ x 5-1/2″. I glued it down with liquid glue.
- For my focal piece, I stamped the windmill image from the Winds of Change stamp set on Shimmery White Cardstock in Jet Black StazOn ink, then colored it with my watercolor pencils. I used Night of Navy, Balmy Blue, Early Espresso, and Basic Gray for the windmill. I used Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, and Granny Apple Green for the tulips. To get such vibrant colors from the watercolor pencils, wet the pencil tip before coloring with the pencil, then spread it with a wet paintbrush. I used a Wink of Stella brush for my watercoloring. Then I fussy-cut the image out with Snips (because I messed up my sky and couldn’t save it).
- I cut a piece of Balmy Blue cardstock out with the 4th largest Stitched Rectangles die. I popped the windmill image up on Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals on the stitched rectangle, then added the rectangle to the card with Dimensionals (double-stacking under the windmill blades where they go off the rectangle).
- The sentiment is from the Sweetly Swirled stamp set. I inked it up in Balmy Blue ink, then rocked both the top of the stamp and the bottom of the stamp into Night of Navy ink and stamped it on Whisper White cardstock. I cut the sentiment out with a frame from the Ornate Frames dies, then added it to the card with Dimensionals.
- I finished off the card with some Happiness Blooms Enamel Dots.
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to use the December Host Code if your order is below $150, and I’ll send you extra goodies! If your order is over $150, don’t use the Host Code — claim your Stampin’ Rewards when you check out, and you’ll still get my free gift! Also, all orders in December will receive my free project tutorial bundle (see sneak peeks below).
ONLINE CLASS REGISTRATION – CLICK GRAPHICS BELOW FOR INFO AND REGISTRATION
If your shopping list is long, the Starter Kit is a great option for you! Click the button below to join my team and take advantage of the demonstrator discount until at least the end of December. You can sign up just for the Starter Kit deal or the demonstrator discount or to build your own business — it’s your choice!