Good morning! We have a fun color challenge for you over at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week! I absolutely love this color challenge, because y’all know I love bold, bright colors! Head over to the design team blog to see what the design team has to inspire you and to play along with us. We’d love to see what you create with these colors!
I used Lovely Lipstick, Coastal Cabana, and Granny Apple Green for the challenge.
- Coastal Cabana card base, 4-1/4″ x 11, scored at 5-1/2″, top-fold portrait.
- The designer paper behind the frame is from the All My Love paper pack, cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ and glued down to the card base.
- The frame is Whisper White cardstock, 4″ x 5-1/4″, and then I cut out the center with a Rectangle Stitched framelit. My tip for these framelits is to cut using the Precision Base Plate (and old plates, not your new flat ones, or have a set of plates just for using with the Precision Base Plate). Use washi tape to hold the dies in place on your cardstock. Pop the frame up on dimensionals, right on top of the All My Love paper. Save the center frame that you cut out for a future card.
- I stamped the cake and the cake stand in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. For a tip on how to stamp both at the same time and have the stamps perfectly aligned with the cake punch, see this tutorial video from my friend Susanne. Incidentally, that video is where I got the inspiration and layout for my card. I also stamped the flowers in Memento ink.
- I colored the main part of the cake with Light Granny Green Blends, the flowers with Light and Dark Lovely Lipstick Blends, and the leaves with Dark Granny Green. I also used a Blender Pen with my Coastal Cabana ink pad (I dipped the tip of the pen directly into the ink pad) to color the pearls around the bottom of each cake layer. I went over the flowers and the pearls with the Fine Tip Glue Pen. IMPORTANT: Don’t be like me. Do this after the cake is already adhered to the card with Dimensionals, and then you won’t smudge the glue like I did.
- I colored the cake stand with Light and Dark Smoky Slate and Dark Lovely Lipstick. I colored the flowers on top of the cake with the same colors and went over the flowers with the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
- I stamped the sentiment in Lovely Lipstick and cut it out with a long skinny Rectangle Stitched framelit. I cut it a second time to get it down to the size I wanted.
- I put the cake, cake stand, flowers, and sentiment on the card with Dimensionals and Mini Dimensionals. (This is the point where you would add the accents with the Fine Tip Glue Pen.) To finish the card, I added some Frosted Epoxy Droplets (looooooove these, and they can be colored with the Blends!).
- Inside the card I stamped the sentiment and hearts in Lovely Lipstick and Granny Green. I also added a 4″ x 3/4″ strip of the same paper.
- I have an online class going on right now that uses the Piece of Cake bundle, so if you like this card, make sure to check it out!
Everything I used on my cards can be found in my online Stampin’ Up! store (see full supply list at the bottom of this post). Make sure to use the April Host Code if your order is below $150, and I’ll send you extra goodies! If your order is over $150, don’t use the Host Code — make sure to claim your Stampin’ Rewards when you check out, and you’ll still get my free gift!
- Register now for my latest Online Class — Piece of Cake! Click the graphic below for details and to register.Need help organizing your craft space? Check out the new Storage by Stampin’ Up! I’ve ordered a ton of it, because it’s exactly what I needed to organize my ink pads, markers, card bases, and watercolor pencils. Check out the products in the online store.
If your shopping list is long, the Starter Kit is a great option for you! Click the button below to join my team and take advantage of the demonstrator discount until at least the end of September. You can sign up just for the Starter Kit deal or the demonstrator discount or to build your own business — it’s your choice!