Good morning! This week at Stamp, Ink, Paper, we have a Designer’s Choice challenge. Which means you can do whatever you want! You can CASE (Copy and Selectively Edit) one of our designers or do your own thing. It’s also our 200th challenge! We would love to see what you make, so please go play along!
I have made a fairly simple card with a little bit of coloring with Stampin’ Blends.
- Pool Party card base is 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, scored and folded at 4-1/4″.
- I stamped flowers from the Cake Soiree stamp set (retiring soon) in Pool Party ink to fill the lower right diagonal half of the card.
- I attached about 12″ of Pool Party 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon (retiring soon, *sniff sniff*). I crossed the ribbon back and forth, making a loop on each side, then taped it in position and to the card with Tear & Tape. This gives the look of having a bow behind the focal point but not the bulk of a bow.
- My focal point is a Stitched Labels die cut out of Whisper White cardstock. I stamped the gift box from Cake Soiree in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored with Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers. See below the next picture for the colors used.
- The sentiment is from Cake Soiree, and it is part of a stamp. I covered the words that I didn’t want with washi tape, inked up the stamp with Lovely Liptick ink, removed the washi tape, and stamped the sentiment on a 1/2″ strip of Whisper White. I flagged both ends with the Banner Triple Punch and popped it up on Dimensionals (double stacking the Dimensionals where the banner doesn’t overlap the focal point).
- I colored the flowers with (from left) Dark & Light Pumpkin Pie, Dark & Light Daffodil Delight, Light Pumpkin Pie, Light Crumb Cake, Light Lovely Lipstick, and Light and Dark Rich Razzleberry. I colored the leaves with Light and Dark Old Olive and some of the flower centers with Light Crumb Cake. That one little stem with the blue berries is colored with Light Night of Navy. I colored the box itself with Light and Dark Pool Party. I made a thin shadow under the box with Light Smoky Slate.
- I covered the flowers with Wink of Stella.
Thanks for stopping by! Everything I used on my card can be found in my online Stampin’ Up! store (retiring products are available while supplies last, and new products will be available June 4th, or now in a Starter Kit). Make sure to use the May Host Code if your order is below $150, and I’ll send you extra goodies! If your order is over $150, don’t use the Host Code — make sure to claim your Stampin’ Rewards when you check out, and you’ll still get my free gift!
Register now for my latest Online Class — Share What You Love! Click the graphic below for details and to register.
If your shopping list is long, the Starter Kit is a great option for you! Click the button below to join my team and take advantage of the demonstrator discount until at least the end of September. You can sign up just for the Starter Kit deal or the demonstrator discount or to build your own business — it’s your choice!