Good evening! I just realized that I never got my blog post done for this week’s Stamp, Ink, Paper Challenge! My husband left town on Sunday (he should be landing and Ubering home any minute now, YAY!!), and I successfully treaded water all week. I mean, the preschooler flooded the bathroom (she was “washing it”) and cut her own hair while I was feeding the baby yesterday, but other than that. Anyway, my card!
Our challenge this week is to use Dark Teal, Coral, and Sand on a card. I am using Pretty Peacock (new favorite, expect to see this on every card from me for the next two years), Calypso Coral, and Sahara Sand.
- Card base is Calypso Coral, 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″.
- Mat is Sahara Sand, 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Cardfront is Whisper White 4″ x 5-1/4″. I stamped this darling stamp from the new A Little Lace stamp set 3 times in Versamark ink, sprinkled on White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, and melted the powder with the Heat Tool. Then I sponged on Pretty Peacock ink with a Stamping Sponge. I wanted the edges dark, flower centers light, and then just went with my feelings sponging the rest. I sponged very lightly over and over — if you sponge with more than light pressure, you get splotchy sponging. It is not a fast process, but when you are sponging over embossing, it is SO satisfying.
- Sentiment is stamped in Calypso Coral, punched with 1-1/2″ Circle punch and added to the card with Dimensionals.
- Tiny flower is stamped in Pretty Peacock and fussy-cut. I used a Mini Dimensional for that (and for the part overlapping the sentiment circle, I used glue).
- I added Woven Threads Sequins (these are SO BEAUTIFUL) and Basic Adhesive-Backed Sequins to finish off the front of the card.
- Inside, I stamped the flowers again in Pretty Peacock and Calypso Coral and stamped the sentiment, which I love. Then I glued the card liner down way off-center. SHRUG.
Thanks for stopping by! Everything I used on my card can be found in my online Stampin’ Up! store (supply list below). Make sure to use the August Host Code if your order is below $150, and I’ll send you extra goodies! If your order is over $150, don’t use the Host Code — make sure to claim your Stampin’ Rewards when you check out, and you’ll still get my free gift! Also, all orders in August will receive my free project tutorial bundle (see sneak peeks below).
Register now for my latest Online Classes:
If your shopping list is long, the Starter Kit is a great option for you! Click the button below to join my team and take advantage of the demonstrator discount until at least the end of December. You can sign up just for the Starter Kit deal or the demonstrator discount or to build your own business — it’s your choice!