Good morning! I hope you’re doing well this week. We are good here, all recovered from the Halloween sugar comas and all that.
This week at Stamp, Ink, Paper we have a fairly broad color challenge — orange, red, and brown. I used Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, and Early Espresso for my color palette, with a little gold thrown in. Make sure to head over to the design team blog for some inspiration. We would love to see you play along with our challenge!
- Card base: Whisper White Thick, 4-1/4″ x 11″, scored and folded at 5-1/2″
- Card front: Whisper White Regular, 4″ x 5-1/4″
- To make the background, I cut a sheet of masking paper down to 4″ x 5-1/4″, the same size as my card front. I die cut the large leaf from the Gathered Leaves Dies out of the masking paper and set the cut leaf aside. I peeled off the release paper and covered the card front with the masking paper. I sponged Delicata Gold Glitz ink into the leaf space with a Sponge Dauber, then peeled off the masking paper from the card front.
- I removed the release paper from the leaf die cut and covered the gold leaf. Then I used my makeup brushes (cheap toothbrush-style makeup brushes from Amazon) to sponge Cherry Cobbler ink diagonally across the center of the leaf. Then I brushed Pumpkin Pie ink on either side of the Cherry Cobbler and blended… and blended… and blended until I liked the ink blend. I removed the leaf mask.
- I die cut three “Thanksgiving”s out of Early Espresso cardstock using the Word Wishes Dies and stacked them together with liquid glue. I positioned them where I wanted them on the card, then removed them to stamp “Happy” from the A Wish For Everything stamp set in Early Espresso ink. Then I glued down the stacked die cut “Thanksgiving”.
- I wrapped the woven ribbon from the Magnolia Lane Ribbon Combo Pack around the card front and tied a bow, then mounted the card front on the base with Dimensionals.
- Yeah, just wanted to show you how gorgeous that Golden Glitz ink is. Soooo pretty.
Thanks for stopping by! Everything I used on my card can be found in my online Stampin’ Up! store (supply list below). Make sure to use the October Host Code if your order is below $150, and I’ll send you extra goodies! If your order is over $150, don’t use the Host Code — make sure to claim your Stampin’ Rewards when you check out, and you’ll still get my free gift! Also, all orders in October will receive my free project tutorial bundle (see sneak peeks below).
ONLINE CLASS REGISTRATION – CLICK GRAPHICS BELOW FOR INFO AND REGISTRATION
If your shopping list is long, the Starter Kit is a great option for you! Click the button below to join my team and take advantage of the demonstrator discount until at least the end of December. You can sign up just for the Starter Kit deal or the demonstrator discount or to build your own business — it’s your choice!